Course Road Map
Here is what we are working on right now and what we plan to release:
- Updates to the Tactical Analysis Level 1 and 2 Programs.
- In the fall of 2015, the decision was made to eliminate the Tactical Analysis Elite Course from our offerings and add the key components to the Basic and Advanced Programs, making each of those programs stronger.
- The updated modules are currently being recorded and an announcement will be made upon their release.
- Any current or former students will have access to the newly designed course upon the release.
- Many of the modules that have been eliminated from the program will be made available through our blog.
- Planned release is in Q3 -2017.
Course Change Log
February 19th, 2016
- Moved the hosting for the End of Course evaluation forms for Level 1 and 2 into the site, eliminating the need for students to click out of the site when completing the survey.
- Made the “Expand All” view the default view for the course table of contents.
February 11th, 2016
- Moved the hosting of the Level 1 Performance Exam – the behavior test – into the site, eliminating the need for students to click out of the site when taking the exam.
January 12, 2016
- “Bonus Lessons” released for Tactical Analysis Advanced Course graduates. To sign up for them, please visit the “Final Notes” page in your from the Advanced Course menu.
January 7, 2016
- The “End of Course Evaluation” and “Final Notes” pages separated at the end of each course to facilitate more straightforward navigation.
September 25, 2015
- Videos in Modules 1-5, “The Solution,” and 5-3, “The Way Forward” updated as the explanation of the three levels of the Tactical Analysis program were moved from Module 5-3 to Module 1-5.
September 4, 2015
- Module 4-1: “The Decision Principle” has been updated for each Level 1/Basic program to reflect the legal structure guiding decisions for each market and target audience.
- Student Handout for each program updated to reflect content changes made to Module 4-1.
- Email verification enabled for Level 1 Performance Exam: The Behavior Test
- Email verification enabled for Level 1 End of Course Evaluation.
August 23, 2015
- Release of Tactical Analysis Advanced Course providing addition of Level 2 content to available online content. View announcement here.
- Release of the “Mission Planner” for baselining process and practice for Level 2 graduates.
June 20, 2015
- Student Handouts for Tactical Analysis “Basic” Courses updated to match online modules. Available for download in the “Course Homepage.”
May 20, 2015
- Added “contact us” link to all modules in all Tactical Analysis Basic to facilitate the submission of questions from students.
- Improved course navigation and in-module instructions for all basic course modules.
- Fixed minor bugs and issues.
April 13, 2015
- Student handouts added to Military, Law Enforcement, Security and Schools “Basic Program” course page.
March 16, 2015
- Module 3-1: “A Case Study in Threat Recognition” updated to reference the March 5, 2015 attack on U.S. Ambassador Mark Lippert in South Korea. Module has been updated in Tactical Analysis Level 1/Basic Programs for security, military and schools.
March 1st, 2015
- Release of The CP Journal’s Online “Academy”
- Release of version 2 of Tactical Analysis Basic programs. Module improvements include:
- All individual modules/videos have been re-recorded
- Modules have been shortened in duration to approximately 15 minutes long (maximum).
- All slides within presentation have increased frequency of animation and faster rate of change
- Improved sound quality
- Timers have been added to videos to ensure a minimum amount of time is spent on each video before “marking as complete” and progressing through course
- Specific focus for individual markets
- Online students can now select from classes designed for the military, law enforcement, private security, or school safety as opposed to taking a generic version that applied to all markets.
- The first module, titled “The Threat To…” is unique to each market
- Online courses now delivered via the LearnDash learning management system.
- Students can now sample a course and watch the first two modules before purchase.
- Use of Google Forms for behavior test and end of course evaluation to facilitate automated data collection and analysis.
- Improved new user signup process, where usernames are created automatically following completed payment through PayPal.
- Free Quiz
- The release of the “Left of Bang” book quiz for readers to test retention of information presented in the book.
- Training Center
- The training center is no longer available to course graduates