Weekend Reading: 2/13/15
Here is what we’re reading and felt was worth passing on to you for some weekend reading.
- “An Alternative Framework for Agent Recruitment: From MICE to RASCLS” – An application of Robert Cialdini’s principles of influence to agent recruitment in the CIA
- “The DBT and Its Role in Protection” by Rick Colliver – A look at the threats that should focus the design of a protection plan
- “How To Develop The Situational Awareness of Jason Bourne” – A great article from Brett McKay at the Art of Manliness that I got to be a part of
- “The AI Revolution: The Road to Superintelligence” – this is a must read. It is long, so carve out some time, but you want to go through the whole article.
- “Seneca – On the Shortness of Life” – Seneca was a Roman philosopher who sources say, lived from 4 BC – 65 AD. This book shows the parallels between struggles of ancient times and those today.
- “The Decision-Maker: A Tool for a Lifetime” – Tips on how to improve your pro-con list process.
- “What I Learned from my First Podcast Guest and…” – From James Altucher, a favorite of mine both in print and podcast form, with three big takeaways appropriate for anyone.
- “The Peter Principle and Law of Crappy People” – A short piece with advice on hiring and promotions.